AKA Biography, Age, Wiki, Career, Family, Net Worth, Instagram & Twitter
AKA is a South African rapper, singer, songwriter, sound producer, and entrepreneur who gained prominence after the release of his single “Victory of the Circle”.
“Victory Lap”, which was released from their first album, Altar Ego in 2011, had other hit songs such as “Haters”, “Ladies Is Pimps Too”, “When I Gone”, “Big 5” (ft .Clu) and “Errors”.
Full name: Kiernan Jarryd Forbes
Stage name: AKA
Date of birth: 28th January, 1988
Age: 31 years
Place of birth: Cape Town, Western Cape
Nationality: South African
Girlfriend: Bonang Matheba
Daughter: Kairo Owethu Forbes
Occupation: Rapper, singer, songwriter, entrepreneur
Genres: Hip hop
Label: Vth Season (former), Beam Group (former)
Net Worth: $12 million (est.)
AKA Biography, Age, Family, and Education
Kiernan Jarryd Forbes, popularly known as AKA, was born on January 28, 1988, in Cape Town, South Africa. AKA spent most of his early years with his grandmother on Michelle Plain, before moving to live with his mother in Johannesburg at the age of six.
His father worked for an insurance company in Johannesburg, while his mother was a teacher.
While in Cape Town, AKA attended Holy Cross Convent, but after moving to Jo’burg, she moved to Greenside Elementary School.
After completing elementary school, AKA was transferred to St. Louis College. John is in high school.
In 2006, when Entity, a music group founded by AKA with their two friends Greyhound and Vice Versa, dissolved, they had to study the technique of sound.
Forbes started his musical career in 2002 by founding the Entity group with two friends Greyhound and Vice Versa. The group, which has done very well, even received a nomination at the KORA Awards for the best African hip hop category, dissolved in 2006.
In 2006, AKA co-founded the Ligue IV production team with two other members, Bux and Kamza. Ligue IV has won production credits for artists like ProKid, Khuli Chan, and JR.
In 2009, he released three songs, including “In My Walk”, “Mistakes,” and “I Do”.
In 2011 AKA won the Channel O award for most talented hip-hop video at the seven-year video clip award for his song “Victory Circle”. He was also named Male Artist of the Year and Best Urban Music Album at the 18th South African Music Awards.
AKA opened for Snoop Dogg, Kanye West, Rick Rossa, Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, and 2 Chains during their South African tours.
In 2014, AKA signed a multi-album contract with Sony Music through the new local urban label Sound African gradations. The announcement for Sony was edited by A&R CEO Zakes Bantwini via its platform.
In June 2015, AKA Levels’ second album received the South African Sound Industry Gold Certificate for deliveries of more than 20,000 copies nationwide.
AKA Private Life
AKA’s daughter, Cairo Owethu Forbes, was born on July 8, 2015. The mother of Cairo is a South African disc jockey, Zinhle Jiyane, popularly known as DJ Zinhle. AKA and Cairo appeared on the cover of Hype magazine in 2017
AKA is currently in contact with the South African television presenter Bonang Matheb. According to Briefly.co.za, the relationship between AKA and Bonang started when DJ Zinhle became pregnant with AKA’s son.
Awards And Nominations
AKA has been nominated for a number of awards including:
• Best Male Artist in the 21st South African Music Awards (2014) (won)
• Best African Hip Hop in the 2014 Kora Awards (nominated)
• Best International Act (Africa) in the 2014 BET Awards (nominated)
• Best African Act in the 2014 MTV Europe Music Awards (nominated)
• Best International Act (Africa) in the 2014 M.O.B.O. Awards
• Best Collaboration in the 4th South African Hip Hop Awards (2015) (nominated)
• Most Valuable Artist in the 4th South African Hip Hop Awards (2015) (won)
• Most Digital Sales in the 4th South African Hip Hop Awards (2015) (won)
• Song of the Year in the 4th South African Hip Hop Awards (2015) (won)
• Video of the Year in the 4th South African Hip Hop Awards (2015) (won)
• Best Collaboration in the 15th Metro FM Music Awards (2016) (won)
• Best Hit Single in the 15th Metro FM Music Awards (2016) (won)
• Best Remix in the 15th Metro FM Music Awards (2016) (nominated)
• Best Collaboration in the 22nd South African Music Awards (2016) (nominated)
• Best International Act in the BET Awards 2016 (nominated)
• Best International Act in the BET Awards 2017 (nominated)
• Favourite South African Star in the 2019 Kids’ Choice Awards (won)
• Best International Act in the BET Awards 2019 (nominated)
• Pan African Artist of the Year in the Namibia Annual Music Awards 2019 (won)
• Best Male Artist in the 18th South African Music Awards (2012) (won)
• Most Gifted Hip Hop in the 2013 Channel O Africa Music Video Awards (nominated)
• Best Male, Southern Africa in the 2014 African Muzik Magazine Awards (nominated)
• Best Rap Act in the 2014 African Muzik Magazine Awards (nominated)
• Best Hip Hop in the 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards (nominated)
• Most Gifted Hip Hop in the 2014 Channel O Africa Music Video Awards (nominated)
• Best Male Southern Africa in the 2015 African Muzik Magazine Awards (won)
• Best Collaboration in the 2014 African Muzik Magazine Awards (won)
AKA Net worth
AKA is one of the most influential rappers in South Africa. He has collaborated with artists in Africa and beyond, including numerous awards. In addition to music, AKA is also a businessman. AKA net worth is estimated at around $ 12 million.
View this post on Instagram
#TheBRAAIShow 🥩 🔥 special guest @djtira COMING SOON on #AKATV 📺📲📸 by @welcometoromesa 🇿🇦
❌ MY ❤️ and hope to 💀… we’ll never be alone. pic.twitter.com/C6RDH00yDe
— AKA (@akaworldwide) June 12, 2020