COVID-19: Lockdown Remains In Kaduna State, El Rufai To Address Residents On Tuesday
The Kaduna State Government said on Sunday that the Quarantine Order remains in force in the state until Tuesday, June 9, when the two-week extension expires.
A statement by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media & Communication, Muyiwa Adekeye which disclosed this, however, stated that Gov. Nasir El-Rufai will address the state on Tuesday on the way forward.
Last week, the state government consulted widely with stakeholders across different sectors on the guidelines for a safe reopening of the state.
Adekeye said the governor will relay the next steps for the state, which sectors will be permitted to open and the safety guidelines that each sector is expected to comply with before reopening.
READ ALSO: COVID-19: Gov. El-Rufai Extends Lockdown By 2 Weeks
The statement stressed that no market, unauthorised businesses, schools, or places of worship will reopen until the government makes the required proclamation.
“Until then, the lockdown remains in force. The night-time curfew also remains in force, until the government announces otherwise,” the statement read.