Instagram Covid-19 Updates: Donation Stickers, Media Sharing, Browse Post with Friends
Instagram has released a bunch of new updates aimed at making it easy for users to access correct information about COVID-19 on its platform.
Some of the main changes include:
- Including more educational resources in Instagram Search
- Adding stickers to promote accurate information
- Removing COVID-19 accounts from recommendations, unless posted by a credible health organization
- Rolling out the donation sticker in more countries and helping people find relevant nonprofits to support
- Creating a shared story to help those practicing social distancing connect with others, using a “Stay Home” sticker
- Launching a new way to browse Instagram with friends over video chat.
Users who search for coronavirus
or COVID-19 terms on Instagram will now see educational messages connecting them to resources from the World Health Organization and local health ministries.
To reduce the spread of misinformation, COVID-19 accounts have been removed from account recommendations and it also will downrank content in feed and Stories that has been rated false by third-party-fact checkers.
There are new stickers like Donation stickers for countries, a COVID-19 section, reminders to wash your hands, distance yourself from others and more.
Media Sharing: media sharing, a new feature that allows you to view Instagram posts together with your friends over video chat. You can start a video chat by tapping the video chat icon in the Direct inbox or in an existing Direct thread, then view saved, liked and suggested photos/videos by tapping the photo icon in the bottom left corner in an ongoing video chat.
And finally, Stay Home sticker has also been launched. Any accounts you follow who use the sticker will be added to a shared Instagram story, allowing you to see how others are practicing social distancing at this time.
Source: Instagram, Via: Yomiprof.net